Job Offer - Accountant:Adecco
Accountant - Accounting
AccountantLocation North West & Hills District
Job type Full Time
income $ to $
Category Accounting > Accountant - Financial
» Fulltime Permanent chance
» Castle Hill, NSW
» Attractive income and Career chance
Our client, a dynamic family business in construction within the public sector, is hiring an Accountant. this function involves superviseing day-to-day financial operations, preparing monthly reports (P&L, Job P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Projection), and managing tax compliance. While construction industry practice is advantageous, candidates without it are welcome. Key responsibilities include accounts receivable and payable management, financial year-end tasks, and general accounting. The ideal candidate holds a significant accounting qualification, demonstrates strong analytical skills, and communicates efficiently. Supervision of accounting staff and collaboration with external tax accountants are part of the role. This is an chance to contribute to a collaborative team committed to excellence.
Our client is a dynamic family business specialising in best practice construction within the public sector. Committed to excellence, they foster a social and interactive environment that values teamwork and innovation. presently, the company is seeking a skilled and practiced Accountant to join their team.
As the Accountant, the prosperous candidate will play a crucial role in superviseing the day-to-day accounting functions of the business. The ideal candidate will possess skills in managing various financial aspects, including but not limited to:
- **Financial Reporting:**
- Preparation of Monthly Financial Reports, including P&L, Job P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Projection.
- Conducting liquidity analysis to support informed decision-making.
- **Taxation and Compliance:**
- Handling Monthly BAS reconciliation to P&L and online lodgement.
- Managing Monthly Payroll Tax return and superannuation payments.
- Undertaking financial year-end tasks, including the preparation of statutory financial statements and collaboration with external tax accountants.
- **Accounts Receivable:**
- Preparing and submitting invoices for fixed-price contracts, Do & Charge contracts, and Time Billing charges.
- Monitoring and chasing payment from clients.
- Maintaining the Bank Guarantees Register.
- **Accounts Payable:**
- Reviewing and costing invoices in the CHEOPS computer system.
- Supervising the processing of invoices, ensuring compliance with significant regulations.
- superviseing the credit request process for supplies and sub-contractors.
- Ensuring timely payment of all invoices by the designated dates.
- **General Accounting:**
- Providing supervision and coaching to accounting staff.
- Maintaining a fixed asset register, including maintenance records.
- Managing the Training Register, ensuring staff qualifications are up-to-date.
- Handling Workers' Compensation returns and related paperwork.
- Completing Bureau of Statistics reports, filing land tax & ASIC returns.
- Assisting in credit account applications and providing support to Project Managers as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven practice in day-to-day accounting functions, including balance sheet, P&L, cash flow projection, AP, and AR.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities.
- A significant accounting qualification (CPA/CA).
*While construction industry practice is an advantage, candidates without specific construction practice will also be considered. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.*
If you are a motivated and detail-oriented Accountant, we invite you to apply. Join our client in contributing to their success and be part of a collaborative team dedicated to achieving excellence in the construction sector. In addition to a challenging and fulfilling role, our client is proud to offer a lucrative income package to the prosperous candidate. Recognising the value of skills and dedication, the remuneration reflects a commitment to attracting top talent.
Adecco is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
The Adecco Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Go Back Apply Now
Apply with Adecco Save for later
Reference number NEXT-1_169992410084172
Contact Details Lisa Davitt